Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Thursday, April 1, 2010

OOPS!

Well, yesterday was supposed to be chemo #4, but instead it ended up being my son's Bday party.
I accidentally (chemo brain) was only taking 1 steroid at the times suggested rather than 2 steroids at the times suggested.
They take this really seriously, and won't treat you...I guess you may have an allergic reaction if you don't have enough steroid built up?? That's what I am aware of anyway.
I felt like an ass, becauseI have made these mistakes before and the instructions are underlined EVERYWHERE!! But I had been taking only one Decadron in the past 3 cycles, so I was in that groove and forgot.
Anyway, off to chemo today instead and it's a good thing I had that extra day because, I was hammered with a shitty cold yesterday and needed that extra day to get a bit better and some more sleep (the steroid messes with my sleep pattern). I was up at 2:30 yesterday (3hrs sleep only) and today I was up at 3:00, but had had a nap yesterday and went to bed at 9:30 so I'm ok.
My good Facebook friend has her first chemo tomorrow and she is my inspiration today to go in guns a blazing with a good attitude. I am feeling good..I will do it for her and all my other cancer friends (no use feeling sorry for yourself when there are so many others in the same or worse boats) We are strong women and we can do this!!
I will email later to fill you in on the deets!!
Ciao for now.

No comments: