Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Thursday, April 15, 2010

CT SCAN

Well, I woke up in a great mood...I dreamt of the lake and beaches last night (still need to look the details of the dream up)...and expected a day at home to clean my house and start my Wii Fit...
Then the phone call that changed my day.
My family doc (the new good one) called and as I expected he and my oncologist decided to further look into my wheezing situation, and send me for a Chest Xray and blood work. I was annoyed cause I just wanted a day at home to feel normal and relax.
When I went into my doctor's office to get the requisitions the receptionist told me he needed to talk to me. I went into his office and he told me that though he believed I was fine, it is best to make sure the cancer hadn't spread to anywhere else in my body and be sure I hadn't had a pulmonary embolism when I had my allergic reaction. "I get it" I said. But then he proceeded to tell me that I was booked in today for an emergency CT SCAN in Trail to check my lungs and stomach and liver. That freaked me out.
The fact that they wanted me in right now and could get me in right now, made me wonder if I should worry. So naturally I did just that.
My husband stopped work for the day and took me to the hospital for a chest xray, blood work and a ECG (electric cardio-gram?) and then we drove the hour to Trail for the CT SCAN which I must say was NOT a pleasant experience. First off the staff in Trail tend to not have very good "people" skills and are always quite rude and cold. The guy seemed so rushed and didn't explain anything to me though it was obvious I was nervous. He made me sign a form saying I was aware I could have an allergic reaction to the dye (they would pump thru me intravenously) and croak. Though these odds are low, I still freak out because I tend to fit in to the little "unlucky" bracket and allergic reactions are becoming "my thing".
Then he handed me a cup of clear liquid and told me to drink it (not explaining anything) I thought it was water and......it WASN'T. I asked him what it was and he said some weird name and told me "you need to drink it so we can see your stomach." and he literally stood there, basically tapping his watch while I tried to choke it down.
The IV for the dye hurt, and he felt good pointing out how beaten up all my veins looked (thanks) the whole ordeal only took 15 minutes though the dye going in was weird and warm and felt like the start of my allergic reaction to the chemo I did, so I panicked a little. All in all it was stressful and didn't need to be, if he would have just slowed down a little and explained things to me I wouldn't have felt violated when I walked outta there. He ripped the IV out and said "Hold the cotton ball so you don't bleed, we put a big hole in ya." like seriously!! I am a human being faced with a scary situation, have a bit of tact and grace!!
I left there feeling like they just raped me. Seriously. They poisoned my body with some sick drink and dye and pushed me out the door with a hole in my body...I felt like cattle.
I will go tomorrow to my doc to get the results...please pray for them to be good results.

Ps...
My dream definition: To see calm, clear water in your dream, signifies that you are in tune with your spirituality. It denotes serenity, peace of mind, and rejuvenation. It is also symbolic of knowledge and healing.

No comments: