Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chem0 #4-Take Two,... and other things...

Well, today I go back in to try a new taxane (Paclitaxol), I stayed up doing visualizations of my body loving the medicine and accepting it well. I prayed a lot, to god, to passed on relatives and friends, all asking for it to go ok for me. I feel good today, so at least the prayers have given me confidence. I am looking forward to getting #4 crossed of my belt!
My husband will be there with me today, as will a wonderful local lady I have met thru my blog/Facebook. I will call her D, out of privacy. We haven't met yet, but have already bonded and exchanged emails and words. She was the one who left me a gift last week at my chemo appointment. There is extra peace in my visit to room 321, knowing she will be there and I will meet her. Hopefully I won't be too out of it (from the Benedryl) to chat a little.
I am also starting to bond with my nurses there. I just love them. They are always the same 2 ladies and really have my trust. Not to mention, they are a lot of fun to be around (and that's important, spending hours there!!)
Lots of things on the go right now. Safeway seems to be committing to helping out my breast cancer support group (who lost their funding!!) by donating monthy gift cards for us to buy our refreshments for the meetings!! I thank my Assistant Manager and Manager for this, they are amazing in everyhthing they have done to support local charities. So I have been running around getting this together and I have decided to purchase a credit for the group to advertise for a few years without worrying about funding.
I am trying to plan a garage sale in May, I have A LOT to sell. I am hoping I can make enough to donate some of the money somewhere I see a need and a connection. Probably in the breast cancer field somewhere. I am having to organize and price all that stuff out, and I want to sell our trailer and old car so I need to shine them up and clean them out to get them ready...so much to do, so little time!
Well, I am going to pack my chemo bag...then it's off to breakfast and a SMOOTH, SIDE EFFECT FREE day of chemo. To set the path for my last two....
I deserve an easy road now. I have put in my time!! DAG NAMMIT!!
I'll write later.

No comments: