Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Home from L'Hospital (chemo #4 over)


I did it!
No, not the chemo...that's no big deal...
I posted a BALDY BALD picture of me on here and I am ok with it.
This is me today, a few hours after returning from the hospital.
Ok, I added a little under eye conceler (you wouldn't want to see my with out!!) but all in all, this is me post chemo.
The day yesterday was LONG! BLECH!
Other than the fact I got to meet my "bosom buddy D" for the first time, I had a pretty lousy day.
I did have another allergic reaction to the new taxane (Paclitaxol) though the nurses were right there to stop it before I fully lost my shit.
So, we decided to stop Taxane treatment all together and go with the FEC regime again (Pukey Mc Pukersons).
They gave me no choice to than to stay at the hospital overnight (though that is what I would have wanted anyway).
I don't puke when I stay there, though I get a weird anxiety from the chemo that makes my skin crawl and being in a hospital kind of makes me feel cookoo! It is bad overall, but they drug me so heavily that I sleep the majority of the time.
Last night I slept from 5:30 til 9:30 this morning!! I woke up a few times for pee's but other than that I was ok.
I am debating quitting the chemo now, only because the regime isn't going the way originally planned, so the effectiveness has already been interrupted. Doing 2 more FEC may help, but if I am cancer free right now (like I believe) then the FEC is only doing damage, and no good. I know it's a gamble, so I am going to listen to my body, pray and meditate over the next few weeks and see where I am at for the next treatment, then make my decision.
Plus, I am getting the full mastectomy anyway, and I feel that is going to be sufficient in my cure.
We'll see, I won't do anything drastic until I know for sure it is the right move to make.
I trust my intuition at this point.
I have become my own best friend!!
Dreamer.


No comments: