Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Monday, April 12, 2010

Just What The Doctor Ordered!

Day 5 past chemo and feeling good...still!
Other than a corroded vein (from the IV, so sore!) I don't have many complaints this round.
Except last night, I was having a hard time breathing...
I have had this cold lingering in my chest, but last night I was wheezing and couldn't stop. It felt hard to breathe, really freaked me out.
I took cough syrup and turned on the humidifier and fell asleep eventually.
Today I feel ok, so I will just keep my eye on my breathing and hope it gets back to normal.
(see when you have cancer, things like this really freak you out...all I could think last night was, it better not have spread to my lungs...)

I have been having some moments of clarity.
Reading Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips still and it reminded me I have been slacking on my veggie intake. When I first was diagnosed, I was juicing everyday and cramming veggies down my throat!! But since chemo, the juice doesn't sit as well, nor does the veggies....chemo wants crap food for some reason. But I need to keep my eye on the prize. That is, lifelong health, cancer free life! To do this, I need to do everything possible to stay healthy and fight my disease (if it is even still there!) and that means VEGGIES! MORE VEGGIES!!! So I made a juice yesterday again, and I will continue juicing everyday and snacking on veg every chance I get.
I am also going to make a list.
A list of things I want to do. Big fancy things and small, normal, easy to do (though I never do them) things. like horse back riding, and hosting a murder mystery party, and driving to Seattle.
Just so I keep focus on living. I need to squeeze everything I can out of a day. Why not!???!
Yesterday afternoon, we were invited to a friend's place an hour out of Nelson. They have a chunk of land on the river. A big acerage with trees and beach and a 360 degree view of mountains!
It was just what the doctor ordered.
Fresh air, good company, delicious homemade bbq, roasting marshmallows by the bon fire!! Just a really really good day. If you are reading this, "Thank you for having us, it was amazing!"
Today I am off to get some errands done, and write my "list" later, which I will be focusing on completing in the coming entries.
Til, then...


No comments: