Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Monday, March 29, 2010

Falling Off the Bangwagon...and other things.

Ayi yi yi!!
I've been a bad girl.
For some reason, I have been slipping into unhealthy habits again....and it scares me!
I was hoping that the cancer would permanently change me, like a microchip in my brain, I wouldn't even have to have will power, I would just be "healthy robot-girl"!
But no, this isn't the way it is.
In a way, it's a good sign I have been "slipping" because it shows I am relaxed and confident in my healing. However, this is not who I want to be. This is not what I believe in, and so, I need to jump back on the cancer bandwagon and live like I wanna live forever.
No more Ceasers...no more Mini Eggs...no more carb and cheese overloads!!
More sleep, more veggies, more juicing, more water, more exercise!!
Chemo Wednesday, good time to get back on...tomorrow I start, and by the end of the week, I should be feeling fine.

Today I got a surprise Facebook message from a local girl I have never met. She too, in in treatment though I don't know much else about her yet. She heard of me, and read my blog and wrote me a letter.
It was really nice.
I am always happy to hear about people reading the blog and enjoying it as, I have a security setting on it where not many people can comment on the posts, so I never really know if people are reading...then, I get an email from someone telling me they enjoy it or thanking me for sharing, and I am reassured.
It is therapeutic for me to write, but it also makes me feel good to know I am helping people...either understand breast cancer, understand our feelings or helping other women through their breast cancer journey.
This new woman is going to be part of my "cancer posse" ( TM from my new favorite book Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips)
So, Wednesday is Chemo #4, then April is my son's 11th birthday....then Easter this weekend!
A lot going on, a lot to be excited about, a lot to tire me out.
But, if I get back on the bandwagon, I should have the energy to push through!!


http://www.crazysexycancer.com/

http://komenarkansasblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/crazysexycancertips1.jpg
(A MUST have book for any one with cancer, especially young women!!)

No comments: