Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Monday, March 1, 2010

I live in a fairlytale land.


Hubby and I had a day off today.
The sun was out in full effect and spring was making itself present.
We took the dogs out for a hike and to go geocaching.
We took the little ferry (like a 1 min cable ferry ride) from the highway across to Glade (about 15 minutes from Nelson)
We followed the geocaching directions to a dirt road in our van...we came to a man made bride. Like shanty town bridge. It was freaking hilarious!! My husband was like "Ok, is this a joke?" but I knew other people cross it all the time, so we went for it. It is a very small bridge and only over a little creek.
We drove a short way further and parked. We followed the GPS through what looked like the enchanted forest and sucked up the dewy air. We could hear the waterfall, and walked just a short way up hill til we came to it.
It was unbelievable.
There were calm pools protected by rocks that just screamed "come soak in me in the summer!"
You could just hang out in this place all day! There were mossy rocks everywhere and giant chunks of crystal (quartz) all over the place!! And there were 2 flat, large rocks that acted as landings in the middle of the creek, under the falls.
We stood there, like we were on a staged yoga platform. All I could think of was, I needed to come back here alone, whenever I was out of sorts. I could sit on this platform and meditate. Facing the waterfall, the mist and spray of it dusted my face just enough to feel good and alive.
It was magic.
True magic.
This beautiful earth that was given to us, is a magical place.
Places like this put life into perspective.
We are minuscule in a place like this.
And I like it that way.
Grateful, so very very grateful.

No comments: