Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Pattty's!

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/KG2R928TBPXg48iX?cmpid=jj_fb_self

CHECK OUT THE LINK ABOVE!! IT'S ME!!!

It's only noon and I am having a FANTASTIC day so far!!
Woke up and decided today was the day I was going to do a good deed.
Remember a while back when I went to a local breast cancer support group meeting?
Well, I went and this crew of ladies was just adorable!! I fell in love. With their spirit, their determination, their closeness to each other! And then Alice, who runs the group, told me that the BCCA was going to be removing their funding!!
The Cancer agency was paying for the ladies costs to run this tight little group, and is now telling them, they are taking the funds away.
Sometimes the Cancer Agency really pisses me off!! I would like to know who decides where and how their money is spent. It is interesting to see the fancy offices these people have, in high rent areas (with views!) and then they can't even pay $500 a year to a little support group to keep it going? It's not fair.
Priorities are skewed and the efficiency just isn't there all of the time.
Regardless, hearing this news on the first day I met these ladies, broke my heart.
I new I had to help.
So this morning, I took action!
I called up the local paper (where the ladies advertise their meetings once per month) and I am in the process of working out a deal with them to buy some advertising space (let's say a year worth of ads) and then they match it (2 years paid!!)
I also have contacted the grocery store I work at to see if they can donate or match a gift card purchase to give the ladies a good chunk of credit to go toward their refreshments for their meetings...I think they will come through and help and if they can't, I will pay out of my pocket.
Now these ladies can focus on the important things and not have to worry about the cost of groceries and ad space...it isn't a huge deal, but it helps.
And it feels so good!!
Where can I help next?
Now to go into town for a nice walk, pick up St. Patty's Day treats, groceries and back home for a relaxing night.
Feeling good, just look at all my energy in my video at the top of this post!!
LOL!!
Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!!

No comments: