Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Somebody Shoot Me!

This is a bitch session. It is not an uplifting post. If you don't want to hear me whine about how shitty I feel, don't read it.

Man, I guess there was a price to pay for my "no puking" chemo day. I feel like absolute crap today!! I had my Filgrastim shot yesterday (a home care nurse came to the house). When I woke up in the middle of the night, I was SOOOO achy! I feel like I have whiplash. Plus I am so tired and drained of energy. Also when I woke up I felt really sick. I was gagging and when I got up to go to the washroom, I vomited. Well, I went through the motions of vomiting, though I had nothing in my stomach to throw up. I also have a sore throat. I think I am fighting what my daughter had been spewing all around the house the last week. I just pray I can beat it. the last thing I need right now is a bloody cold or flu!!
My arm (where my chemo IV went) is sore and feels gross. Pretty much everything is just grossing me out right now. I look in the mirror, I feel gross. I feel my arm being sore, I know that the chemo corroded my veins, I feel sick. I look at all the pill bottles around, I feel sick.
Everything is just yuck today!!
During chemo week I take a ton of meds....let's go through them....
Each Day: 7 anti-nauseants, 3 laxatives, 1 heartburn pill, 1 tylenol arthritis, 4 rinses with baking soda, 3 rinses with Maalox, Benedryl and Nystatin....and 1 shot of Filrastim
That's pretty nasty if you ask me.
No wonder why I feel sick.
Well, chemo week is almost over, hopefully the worst is over for at least a few weeks....
Boooo.

No comments: