Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring Break!!

On my last blog, I mentioned we took the kids to Kelowna with us. We originally had to go to meet my surgeon, but we figured we'd take the kids to cram some fun into 3 days, before I entered my chemo-coma on Wednesday.
It was great! Aside from my littlest having a bad stomach flu the majority of the time, we still fit in some good times.
Day one, when we arrived, we got to see my cousin (best friend), her wonderful hubby, my aunt and my cousin's new baby girl (I consider her a niece). She was just beautiful and everyone seems to be doing really well. The new babe had some health problems during and just after birth which had us all worried, but she seems to be doing good now, she's starting off a little fighter! Must run in the family!! Love love love to you all.
We hauled the kids to this fantastic indoor water park (H2o park) with slides and a "flo-rider" thing to surf on, and hot tubs and wave pools...it was pretty cool. However, I forgot my bikini top, so I had to sit out and drink Veggie Jugo Juice while I watched them play. I was originally bummed out, but it was nice to chill.
After the water park, we took them to Scandia (indoor amusement park). It was 8:30 at night, but we figured, let's wear em' out! They were pretty surprised when they came out of the pool at night and we said "let's go have more fun!!" They were thrilled actually!
We went to Scandia (aka germ factory) and played indoor jungle mini golf, and video games to collect tickets to redeem for prizes. It was so fun...I just had to santitze every 20 seconds! Lily started to feel sick when we were at Scandia. Her belly started hurting. I thought it was just constipation, but later that night at our hotel it turned out to be flu. :(
We all went back to the room and went to bed. We didn't sleep much as Lily was up crying and puking the whole night...the air was dry and stuffy in the hotel and though I was worried about Lily, I couldn't help but be selfish and hope to dear god, I wouldn't catch anything that would mess up my chemo treatment.
When we woke, I had to go to the hospital for pre-chemo blood work and then to my general surgeon's office to have a consult. I planned on Kerry taking me but I had to let them all sleep...so I went on my own.
Later that day, after the appointments, Lily was feeling "somewhat" better, but we decided to take it easy and just had a nice lunch and went looking at RV's and then we headed off to Alice in Wonderland in 3D. I felt kinda guilty taking Lily to the movie, but this was something I wasn't going to miss. Plus! She wanted to go and what difference is it for her to be sick at the hotel watching TV or in the movie theater watching a movie...right??
The movie was FAB! I just wanted to jump right in. I needed more...I hope there is more to come. I wasn't fully satisfied but that's me, I am and have been since birth a HARDCORE Alice fan....it's a fix that may never get met. Love it.
We stayed at out favorite motel on this trip. Siesta Suites. It's a humble little motel, but clean, and has indoor/outdoor pools and hot tubs. It is on a nice strip walking distance to the beach/park in mission. It has cafes, coffee shops and anything you could want right there. Plus it is a great price! $89 to start with kitchenettes and seperate bedroom. We paid the "cancer fee". We just told them I had cancer and we were referred by the cancer agency, and we got our rooms for $59 plus tax. Pretty nice, I say! The BCCA has a list of hotels that grant deals to cancer patients....nice perk for sure!
By the end of the trip, we were ready to head home. Lily needed to get home and I was needing pre-chemo rest. But we did have time to stop and do a few geo-caches on our trip back. Just nice quick ones.
All in all it was a great trip.
All a success.
Can't wait to go back and visit more with family....
Til then!
http://www.kelownasjuicytips.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/H20_AdventureCentre-300x225.jpg
H2O water park Kelowna

http://www.borgatalodge.net/scandia/Scandia-Kelowna-prizes.JPG
Scandia Kelowna

http://www.oskaya.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Alice-in-Wonderland.JPG
Ahhh...Alice.

No comments: