Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Friday, March 5, 2010

Curiouser and Curiouser

Off to Kelowna this weekend.
Monday I meet with the surgeon who will be performing my mastectomy.
Unfortunately the plastic surgeon who will be doing the reconstruction, isn't available for a consult yet. I should get some answers though.
The thought of this surgery used to scare the crap out of me.
Now I look forward to it.
Nothing can be worse than 5 months of chemo.
Nothing.

We are going to see Alice in Wonderland when in Kelowna. I can't wait.
I have had a strange obsession for Alice in Wonderland since I was little.
I used to think that when people died, they got to choose how they spent their after life.
I would have chosen to go to Wonderland.
I would obsess about it.
I had an Ebay stint where I bought anything and everything Alice online, and now I have this weird "old lady-like" collection of china and snowglobes...lol, so funny.
So needless to say, Alice is special to me and I hope the movie takes me there, to Wonderland,
if even for a night.
I need an escape.

Wednesday is chemo (#3) day.
I am terrified.
Like a dark cloud hovering....
Good news is, I have decided to stay the night at the hospital.
The nurse thinks it's a good idea, she's going to stream the gravol straight into me through IV.
Hope it works!
One more "pukey" chemo and I can say I am half way done!!
Then only 3 more "achy" chemos
1 mastectomy
20 more Filgrastim injections
and 17 more (1 years worth of) Herception IV's
and I'm free!

I should have been counting the needles I have had so far, I think I am at about 40 in the last 3 months....and did you know chemo is about $10,000.00 per bag?!!
No wonder they never pre-order it!!
They wait until I walk through the door and they see my face before they call the pharmacy and place the order, it usually takes an hour or two of waiting around before they hook me up....

But those are all thoughts for next week...
this weekend I am normal.
I will enjoy my mini vacation.
I will fall down the rabbit hole..
chasing the White Rabbit...
hope I catch him.






No comments: