Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Monday, March 1, 2010

Things and things.

Nothing major has happened over the past few days, so I collected a few days worth of "little things" to make one post.

CANCER RELATED things: So, remember I was bragging to you about how I wasn't getting any pain or side effects from the Filgrastim shots? Well, after the last one, I did. I actually got a bad bruise on the injection site. the previous day I had a small bruise from another injection, but it was tiny. This bruise was pretty yucky. Dark purple and green. The bruise itself didn't hurt, but I did read that if you get bruising from the injections, you were to contact your doctor immediately. I didn't do this because I was certain it was just from how the needle was given? I figure I will bring it up at my next chemo session. Also, the night of my 5th shot, I woke up in pain. I had this weird, pulsating (almost to the rhythm of my heart beat) pain in my lower spine and chest bones. Super weird pain. Hard to explain it, but I read up that it is common to this shot, so I just popped Tylenol and it was tolerable for the day. It lasted about 20 hrs in total. I also had another headache, but I think it was just from grinding my teeth.
I also had hair issues this week. On Wednesday I had a shower. My hair was very patchy at this point. Some spots completely bald and smooth, others bristly, and some thick with hair. But in general, my hair was loose and wanting to come out. So I had a shower and stayed in for a while. I let the shower head beat down on the top of my head...it felt so nice. When I got out of the shower, however....I looked in the mirror and the water had blasted the hair off the top of my head in one spot! It looked hilarious, but it made me feel sad and upset. I covered it up and went on with my day. On Saturday I had another shower and tried rubbing my hair to get it to come out...I just wanted it to be even. I am not sure why, I think the look of it was just too sad, and I wanted it to just all come out. I made progress, when I got out of the shower it was much patchier!!! I did get most of the hair out though. However the prickly ones were, for some reason, hurting me. They also had dry skin patches and it just looked and felt gross, so last night I "bick-ed" my head. I shaved it clean with a razor. Now I look like an alien. but it feels so much better and I am smooth and shiny!! I like it better this way. Other than that, I am in my mouth sore stage (day 10-13 after chemo) and I am battling them with baking soda and Oragel. I just drink more smoothies rather than eating and chewing, and I have to avoid chips and sweets (which is good anyways!).

NON CANCER RELATED things: My cousin (one of my best friends) from Kelowna had her first baby!! I was so excited about this. Her husband and her will made stellar parents and I am just thrilled!! They had a baby girl, and the pictures of her in the hospital were amazing! She is so beautiful and doesn't even look like an ugly alien newborn!! She is perfect, and I can't wait to meet her soon!
My daughter who is 6 years old, had her second guitar lesson and is learning so fast! She is pretty adorable with her mini guitar and intense concentration....
I went to a bridal show yesterday. It was a nice outing... I went with my sister in law and mother in law for my cousin in law's wedding to come. I saw a bunch of my co-worker's there (they were modeling dresses) and I saw some friends I haven't seen in a while. It was really good to see people and chat and sip mamosas. They had a great spread of food and a chocolate fountain! They had cool booths with local business' like caterers and photographer's and so on. They had 2 fashion shows which were fabulous!! I am always amazed at how Nelson, being so small, had the ammenities and services and talents of a big city. It was a quaint, stress free wedding fair to enjoy, but still had a unique array of services, anything you could ever need and want!!
Another cool thing that happened this weekend, is that Canada won the Gold medal in HOCKEY!!! Of course, because we are Canadian, and we invented the sport. It is the only way it ever should be. :)

So that is my collage post of anything eventful that has happened over the last few days....I know these posts are a crap out. But I have obviously been pre-occupied with fun things going on, so you cannot really be mad at me. Today I am going for a geo-cache adventure with my husband (who has the day off)....if he ever wakes up!! Til next time.....







No comments: