Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Seeing a Chemo Pattern.....



I know chemo is REALLY different for everyone who goes through it.
However, I have really pinpointed a pattern of my side effects through my journey.
I am going to share.
DAY1-CHEMO DAY
-4-10 hrs after treatment...tired and puking
DAY3-4
-whiplash feeling in my upper body and face
-depression
DAY4-7
-heartburn
-constipation
DAY5-6
-starting to feel better, no nausea or dizziness
-headaches
DAY6-7
-constipation gone
-heartburn gone
DAY7-14
-mouth sores
-low immunity
-usually get cold symptoms (fighting cold with low blood count)
-no nausea
Day14-21
-no side effects
-back to normal
-good energy
Day21-CHEMO DAY
repeat.

So this is the pattern for my first 3 cycles which is Epirubicin, Cyclophosphamide and Florouracil.
Next 3 cycles are going to be DOCETAXOL and is supposed to mostly just be soreness and some stuff with finger nails?? I will have to let you know as it comes....
Today is day 15 and I feel pretty good.
I am low in my blood cells and immunity this week and sure enough I have a cough, a bit of a sore throat and I can tell my body is fighting something.
Poor body....
But I am surviving, and time is flying! I can't believe I am going into week 3!!
My home care nurse has been coming to give me my shots and it hasn't even hurt at all, I like this lady! I don't even freeze my belly anymore! Plus I haven't had much achy-ness from the shot so that's good!
Family are on there way here to see me next week, I can't wait!
So much to do! So little time!
COMING SOON: "These are a few of my favorite things Part 2!!"
peace.

No comments: