Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Friday, March 26, 2010

The Ride to Conquer Cancer

http://va09.conquercancer.ca/images/content/pagebuilder/46546.jpg

There is something happening across Canada this summer.
It is called "The Ride to Conquer Cancer".
I am not participating in this ride but my friend James is....
I have read up on this fundraising activity and I really like this cause.
There is a link on the home page (http://va09.conquercancer.ca/site/PageServer?pagename=va09_dollarsatwork) that explains where your money will go.
I like that you get to choose where your money will be donated. It sounds really good to me.
James wrote me a note a while back and though he is riding for more than just me, he did let me know I was part of the reason he is riding.
Therefore I am asking any and all of my friends and family to sponser James in his ride.
He is one of my oldest friends and though we have lost touch through the years, he was one of the first to contact me when he found out I had cancer. He has consistently cheered me on through my battle.
I ask you to make a donation to James in his "Ride to Conquer"
$1 or $100
It all makes a difference.
Thanks guys!!
Below is James' donation page link...

https://secure2.convio.net/cfrca/site/Donation2?idb=642644118&df_id=1322&FR_ID=1332&PROXY_ID=2335601&1322.donation=form1&PROXY_TYPE=20&JServSessionIdr004=gnr6tef3d1.app202b

No comments: