Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Gettin' the Motivation Bug!


(painting of the Nelson bridge by Karla Pearce/karlapearce.com)

I am definitely feeling better!
I know because I am restless.
In a good way.
I woke up this morning at 5am because I was brewing "ideas and projects" in my brain.
I couldn't wait to start the day!
I had my 3rd Neupogen (Filgrastim) shot last night and again, not much achyness. In fact I felt a little stiff, but I couldn't tell if it was just normal, everyday tension. So obviously, it's not a big deal. I am so grateful for that, as I have gotten the shit end of the stick when it comes to chemo side effects. Maybe my Docetaxol (last 3 cycles of chemo) won't even bother me at all.....wouldn't that be nice.
I hiked yesterday with my dogs, I took them to one of my favorite spots called Kokanee Falls. It's an 8 minutes drive and there's a beautiful, dense, mossy forest. A nice path guides you along a raging creek and up to a waterfall. It's pretty magical. I have clarity when I walk there. It most certainly has healing powers, you could never argue.
I hiked well. It seems I am still fairly fit during my chemo (minus the first 2 days) but the only thing I notice is loss of arm strength. When I try to open a jar or hop up to sit on the counter, my arms give out. I will have to work on that. A little weight lifting should suffice.
Today I am going into town to shop for various things...painting supplies, a few jewelry making supplies, a couple frames for pictures I've been meaning to hang....and a few more random things. When I was laying awake this morning, I was thinking about having a garage sale. We have so much valuable stuff that we don't use. I am ready to get rid of it! I will donate a portion of the proceeds to some type of breast cancer fund.
I was also thinking about paintings I want to do....so that's to come really soon....
The sun is blazing and the lake is sparkling and I am sure Baker Street smells of fresh coffee and baking as usual. I will go out today without the dogs and just see where the day takes me. I will enjoy life like a normal, healthy person, but I will wear my goggles and REALLY see it for how great it is.

No comments: