Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Am I Pregnant?

I swear chemo feels a lot like being pregnant!!
I know, I know....pregnant is nice and healthy, and cancer is not but seriously! Look at the similarities!
1.morning sickness- I woke up the past 6 days with nausea, the same feeling as when I was pregnant.
2.heartburn- This is a doozy! I've been getting it quite bad the last few days!
3.cravings- What's up?? I have the weirdest and wildest cravings lately, and "most" things taste soooo good!
4.fragile gums- Gentle brushing always, to avoid bleeding gums.
5.fatigue- Just sleepy and lazy a lot of the time!!

If I just pretend I am pregnant, maybe chemo won't seem so gross and scary to me!
I am on day 6 after my first treatment. Today is the first day I felt good from wake up on....no morning sickness, no headache! I had 13 hours sleep last night (awesome!) which is great cause I am entering my "low immune" stage. Day 7-14 (post chemo) your white blood cell count goes down quite low and you are more prone to colds, flus and infection. You are generally recommended to stay home and rest. Too bad the last 7 days was the same because I wasn't feeling great! Yesterday though I had my bone scan (easy, peasy, even the needle didn't hurt). I had to have an injection and then kill 4 hours til they were able to take my pictures. We were in Trail, so we decided to drive to Rossland and go geo-caching. It was great! I hiked a bit and felt good doing it! I ran into a friend there and it was good to see a beautiful, familiar face. For those of you unfamiliar to geo-caching...I am going to do a post tonight on it. It is something everyone should know about. I just love it!!!
So today, I am going to leave the house just to walk the dogs and stop at the butcher and pick up an organic roast (maybe even elk) to make a splendid roast beef dinner!!
I am craving Yorkshire Puddings like nobody's business!
Cheers, to a good day!
http://www.essentially-england.com/images/roast_beef_and_yorkshire_pudding2.jpg

No comments: