Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Yes it is!
The day of "love"....
I never really understood it. I think it's probably just another day to make money. But I like it! I like treats and Valentine's cards, and I love a reason to go out for dinner!!
But I think you should show love everyday, not just on one day.
Everyday should be like it's your last day with your partner. That way, you don't sweat the small stuff and you always have passion. I am fortunate. I have a really, really great marriage. I married my bestest friend in the entire world. Don't get me wrong, we have had minor tribulations, but everyday we laugh and love together.
I remember when we got engaged, we got a card from my husband's grandmother. It had special words written in it, that we live by daily.
It read...
"If both parties always give 60% and expect only 40% back, you will have a happy marriage."
Isn't it so true!!? I love it.
Because if both people will be expecting only 40% and giving 60%, then both people will be over fulfilled!
I find, for us....giving to the other is a snowball effect. If you push to go that extra mile for the other person, then they tend to do the same thing back and so on and so forth.
I believe that generosity and love is contagious. I believe that when someone does something nice for you, you feel so great that you are driven to share that feeling with someone else. You usually want to "pay it forward".
It works the same in a relationship.
I know.
Try it out and see for yourselves!!
Happy Valentine's Day!!
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/valentine.jpg

No comments: