Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

GEOCACHING Baby YEAH!!!!!

http://www.webdesign.org/img_articles/11118/AustinPowers_original.jpg

Geocaching. My favorite little secret.
A healthy, active, inexpensive hobby for anyone!
I was going to explain what it is, but I saw on Wikpedia, it tells everything there is to know about it!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocaching
OR this site is good!!! http://www.soyouwannagogeocaching.com/
It just blows my mind to know how many little treasures are hidden all around us at anytime. And how many people will live their entire lives not knowing this!! I have always been a big fan of treasure hunts and hiking, so this was my dream come true. My friend Ashley first told me about it and I am forever grateful to her for that!! We have geocached in town here, on camping trips, and there are even geocaches IN Disneyland!! They're everywhere!! I know the geocaching community likes to keep it hush hush, but my readers are limited and good people. If you decide to take part and pick up the hobby, all anyone asks of you is to respect the caches. Don't take unless you give, pick up trash along the way, and don't do any damage to the natural surrounding while on a "hunt".
I love the creativity used in placing a cache. I have seen all sorts from your typical tupperware under a pile of rocks to "fake" screws on a post with a little tiny piece of paper in it, to underwater caches....the possibilities are endless! I find it just as much fun to plant them as it is to find them!
Once you've read the Wikpedia entry, and want more info. Go to www.geocaching.com for coordinates and to sign up. All you need is a hand held GPS for a TON of free, healthy entertainment for you and your kids and even your dogs!! Any season!
Have FUN!!!



No comments: