Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Babysteps.


So I decided today that I was going to buzz my hair, as you can see....the decision came as a result of my scalp beginning to feel sore, which I have been told is a sign it is going to start falling out soon. Also my daughter Lily is really worried about me being bald. So I thought, if I could take baby steps and start with short hair, then buzzed nicely, then when it is totally skinned bald, it won't be so traumatic for her. When she came home from school she looked at me and got upset. "It looks bad Mom." she said.
I laughed "No, it's not too bad, it feels funny!" and she felt it and giggled.
"Does this mean you don't have to do anything else?" she asked, worried.
"What do you mean?" I asked
"Does this mean your cancer is over?" she asked
"No Lily, not quite yet, I have some more appointments still, but we're getting there!" I said.
She breaks my heart somedays.....I just don't want this to affect her you know?
But now she's downstairs playing Little Big Planet on PS3, so I guess she's happy.
Babysteps.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the hair cut on you. One less thing to have to take care of. You have pretty features and it looks striking on you. It's funny how on some woman no hair actually is pretty and on others it's too harsh. Now don't forget to wear a hat since your head will get cold easier. Seriously, when we lived in the forest we sometimes slept with nightcaps.
This international cold is awful,I am glad that your doc is on top of things.
regards,
Theresa