Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Friday, January 8, 2010

Yesterday...all my troubles seemed so far away....oh I believe in yesterday.

Thank the good lord above, I woke up yesterday with a new outlook....
It was a great day.
I got up and did my first workout (video) in a LONG TIME! I promised my husband I would start getting exercise to heal my brain and build body strength (plus I think he is concerned about my cellulite ;) I struggled a bit with the workout but it felt good and I look forward to more. Then I had an appointment with a woman. I'd like to call her a life coach but that is not her official title. Doesn't matter, she didn't help me with what I went there for but we had a lovely chat and I met a really nice beautiful person in the process. I then had some time to kill so I walked over to the Sally Ann (Salvation Army) and browsed...I found a super cute toque and 2 black cardigans all for 9 bucks! Not bad.
Then I went to Starbucks at Safeway and saw my 2 favorite friend/coworkers. I got 2 london fogs and proceeded to my friend's house for lunch. She is so sweet. She just listens to me talk about myself for hours and never blinks an eye, even though she is going through health issues herself and her dad just passed away from cancer. She is the least selfish person I know. Truly. I am grateful for her. Plus, lunch was yummy!!
Then I drove home, picked up my dogs and went for a nice walk on the beach with my IPOD. I listened to Wayne Dyer. I guess he would be titled a motivational speaker? Not sure. He is extremely spiritual and lives like the Dali Lama. Everytime I listen to him I learn and become a better person. He is my coping mechanism right now. He spoke of attachment.
"Pain is only caused by the inability to detach oneself from something or someone."
It's true in my case. If I am not attached to my hair or breasts, I won't be hurt when they are gone. I need to detach myself from these things. Basically you look at it like, Can I ever be happy with out----fill in the blank----? Really look into it. Typically you can continue a happy life no matter what as long as you have your heart. You need to visualize this, and believe it and you can carry on with no (or at least less) fear and pain. It worked for me instantly. Like a light went on.
It was a lovely walk and a therapeutic one at that. When I got home I went into my kitchen and the breast cancer flowering plant my work friends bought me was back to healthy!! I saw this as a sign. I am known for killing all plants around me...when this plant (pink with a ribbon decorated it) looked dead the day before I thought, here we go again....but I watered it and put it on the counter and yesterday after my epiphany and amazing morning it was all perky and beautiful again. Definatley a sign. Definately.
I cooked a wonderful, healthy dinner and then after, we all watched Earth on BluRay on the couch with popcorn and spritzers. It was the perfect day. I hope to have more of those days ahead. I need them to get through this.
Grateful, I am grateful and I am happy.
<3

No comments: