Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Birthday Day.

http://www.everydaypeoplecartoons.com/cartoons/358---May-4---May-10,-2008,-happy-birthday.png


Yesterday was my birthday.
I turned 31.
I wasn't expecting to enjoy my birthday this year.
I was going to have a "pity party" for myself.
I had a really good day.

I took my beautiful kids to their swimming lessons, and smiled for an hour straight. My son is such a good swimmer now, and my daughter is hilarious. The coach asked her to put her head under water, and she said no. The coach asked again, and she said no. So when the coach looked away, she puffed up her cheeks with air, and closed her eyes and dunked under the water! But no one was watching, except me. When the coach looked back over, she saw my daughter's dripping hair and said "Did you go under?" and Lily said, wiping her eyes..."Yep."
After swimming, we stopped by my husband's office and we all went to brunch. It was nice...I ordered a "healthy" veggie burger and then deep fried sweet potato fries...it's my birthday after all.
After brunch the kids and I took the dogs out to the beach for a long walk. The whole town was covered in a thick fog all day (so thick you couldn't see across the lake). But when we drove out to the beach, the fog was gone and the sun was shining, bright! We had the best walk, the kids played on the ice and I threw stick after stick for the dogs and they had a blast. I soaked up the sun and inhaled the sweet smells of lake and pine and camp fire. I felt so alive and so content. Since I have been diagnosed, it's like my senses kicked into high gear. I smell things, I taste things, I see things like never before. Why couldn't it have always been like this? Well, it will be like this from now on!!
Home for a workout and some computing....50 some messages on my facebook page. thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday....it blew me away!!
Dinner with my in laws...I love them so much. I am so grateful to have them here and I am grateful for how much they love me. I am a challenging person to love sometimes, and they love me anyways, and I can feel it. I got a really nice gift and my father in law payed for dinner!! How generous!!! I was spoiled. My husband and I decided to go out after, for coffee and dessert. We ordered 2 desserts. It is my birthday after all!! We chatted and laughed and stuffed our faces.
When we got home, there was a bunch of stuff on the counter....someone or someone's had been over while we were gone. I had a big bucket of borscht (if you are reading, THANKS!!!!!!!) and another friend bought me a book, and another left a gift of beautiful coasters. My best friend from Alberta left a message on machine of her singing Happy Birthday!! Thank you to everyone, for making me feel special and helping me enjoy my day. It really meant a lot to me to enjoy this day, and I did. FULLY.
Thanks again!!!
31 ain't so bad!
:)

No comments: