Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Friday, January 29, 2010

Good News!

Day 3 after my first chemo session.
I feel really good.
Hilite of the day? I pooped this morning.
HAHAHA, no seriously, these anti-nausea pills can seriously cause problems, and they are very concerned that I poop, or I would have had to go in for an enema! No fickin' way man!
I had a peaceful walk with my doggies, a short but sweet visit at my in-laws, and a delicious pre-made (homemade) meal from 2 of my old clients in Calgary!! Thanks!!! I didn't have to do any work and I ate like royalty!
Plus! When I got home from my walk, my MRI results were in....and they look clear!
Clear Clear Clear! The only thing is that there is still a fair amount of scar tissue in my left breast, that could potentially contain cancer cells, but my oncologist doesn't think so. Plus even if there was, I am doing chemo now and then my mastectomy and possibly Herceptin after, so I feel really damn good now. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's a beauty!
I found out on chemo day, that I am HER2 borderline....this means I am neither (or both) negative (and/nor) positive. My team of oncologists recommend that I take Herceptin. It is a target treatment for HER2 positive cancer patients... (just like Tamoxofin is for Estrogen positive) it apparently decreases my risk of recurrence and metastasizing by around 5-10%?? I think. Originally I thought it was only 1%, and I wasn't going to take it. But my German oncologist told me today (I think, in a strong accent, it is 5-10%) Anyways, I am going to talk to my local oncologist and see what he says. I might go with it, though I don't want shots for another year of my life (every 3 weeks).
I am the girl who hates needles, and medicine and surgery. Why ME!!!
But, if this is going to significantly help. I'm in. I think.
Til next time!
Ciao.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Megan said...

I don't understand what you are saying....