Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Miracle?

http://choosetomoveblog.com/zulema/miracle.jpgFriday.
Got up early, a day full of errands, including an appointment to see my doctor about my new lump on my other breast. I convinced myself by about noon, that is probably wasn't anything. It felt different from my first (cancerous) lump, so it's probably nothing. I still felt like vomiting.
My mother-in-law (who is, by the way, an absolute saint. Who has stood by me from day one with this... and is the reason why my husband is my rock.) picked me up, we went to the doctors office to deal with the new lump and our efforts to try and get an earlier MRI in Kelowna (since we are going there Monday)...Without any luck on the MRI front, we moved into the examining room to check the lump.
I figured, since doctor's have much training to identify what normal tissue feels like, compared to cancerous or cystic, I'd be given an idea if there was an issue right off the bat....I knew my new lump felt different than my first, but it still stood out, maybe more soft (my first was a rock hard solid mass) but definitely, it stood out. I layed on the table and he asked for me to point where it was, I did, and he placed his hand on my breast. Right away he felt it.
"Ok, yep, there it is....(still feeling)...ok, well, let's get you in for an ultrasound."
GREAT. So he didn't think it was normal tissue...I even said to him, "Shit, I was hoping you'd say it was normal tissue." and he said "Well, let's hope it's nothing." and I proceeded to get my requisition and off to the hospital.
They called me in right away and I got undressed and layed down on the table with a towel covering my upper body. "Why me? Am I meant to die at an early age? Who is out to get me? This isn't fair, why me?" I felt ill. The technician came over and asked for me to show her where the lump was, so I did. She felt it right away...ok, good she said, and left the room to go get something for the machine. I looked up at the ceiling in this dark room. I began to pray. From the pit of my belly, I poured it out.
"Please god, please Jesus, please I beg of you, take the cancer away...don't let there be anything in my breast, please take it away. Please, please help me and take the lump away. I beg of you."
I continued over and over until she came back in. She placed the ultrasound thingy on my breast and began hunting........nothing......she tried again, and again.....nothing.....higher, lower....nothing.
I asked her "Can you see it?"
She said "No, all I can see is regular tissue...let me go get my partner." she left the room and came back with another girl. The girl asked me to show her with my finger, where the lump was. I went to my breast and, couldn't seem to find it. I poked around the area..."Hmmm, I can't seem to find it? It's in this area though." she started looking with the scope thing, and she scanned my entire breast twice. Weird. Why is it gone? Is it mobile? But if it is mobile, you'd think they'd still see it scanning my entire breast!? Strange.
"Well, Megan, we can't seem to see anything. Please still mention it to your oncologist on Monday, but I don't' know what to tell you. As far as we can see, there is nothing there." she said. Holy crap, I'll take that news!!! I proceeded to my blood work and continue on with my day.
That's crazy. Did god really take the lump out? Was it nothing to begin with? Is there something there and they just can't see it? Is it hiding? Or was it a miracle? I could use a miracle. I will believe it is a miracle for now...I like that best. On Monday I will still mention it to my oncologist and at the least, the MRI will pick it up on the 25th (if there is something)...until then, it is a miracle. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Time to start going to church.
Grateful.

No comments: