Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

WHAZZZ UPPP????

Ooooh, summer is almost here!!
The Kootenays are the place to be!
The lake is clear, the sand is soft and warm,
there are flowers growing,
and everywhere there are people lying on beaches and on patios drinking cold beer and fruity drinks!!
I love it!
This past weekend (May long) we ventured 45 minutes North along the lake to Mirror Lake Campground. It was our first time camping there and it was awesome!!
It was also the first time we used our new trailer, which was a success!
The camping began 2 days after my last chemo, so I was almost dreading it, not knowing how I would be feeling.
I spent a lot of time and energy making sure I was hydrated and filled with stool softeners, as constipation has been the ticket to a bad time for me in the past.
All went well.
The kids played all day, every day and we just took in the scenery and fresh air.
There was a lot of people out there that we knew, so it was fantastic for laughs and conversation all weekend. I met a lot of people that will be back next year camping on the same weekend and I look forward to seeing them again.
I had a real sense of small town living on this trip and I just beamed, as I felt even more like we made the right desicion to move away from the city.
Life is just better for us here.
Everyone knows everyone and as much as I thought I was a very private person...I really love the closeness of it all.
My kids knew 3/4 of the kids at the campground and everyone just looks out for everyone and their kids.
There is a big fund raiser for a CT Scanner in town here and it has been all the talk lately.
I think I like the simplicity of there always being a big event in the works and everyone is on board and knows about it, so it brings everyone together and isn't crowded out by the hustle bustle of a million other stressful things going on in a city.
Nope.
On Friday there is a fundraiser gala and everyone in some way or another is contributing or attending....it has had everyone's attention for over a month now and it's awesome.

Other than the camping, my last chemo went fairly well. As good a chemo can go!
I felt like shit in the hospital and a day after and then was back to my normal "post-chemo" self.
I don't know if it has hit me yet that I am done chemo, as I thought I would feel more excited...I think it is the surgery lingering over my head that is dampering the situation for now....
I also am starting to feel REALLY ugly. I really need to lose some weight, which is hard with a surgery coming that will just have me sitting on my ass all summer. I think I need to at least diet. Afterall, no more chemo...no more excuses for comfort food.....
just margaritas instead!

No comments: