Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Monday, May 17, 2010

Cancer concerns and the LAST chemo.

Wednesday is my last chemo.
FOR REAL this time!!
I don't have as much anxiety as normal, thinking about....
I am just looking forward to getting it over with.
Though in a way I don't feel physically ready to get it done.
Normally my side effects from my last treatment are long gone before I get my next one.
This time, not so much...I don't know what's going on down below, but it feels like glass when I #2. It has felt like that for weeks now!! SUCKS!
I also still have a bit of heart burn and am fighting a cold and have my period.
I can't believe I am one of the few who still gets a FULL period during chemo.
WICKED! :(
So, I hope my new side effects don't just double up on the old lingering ones to make BIG NASTY side effects that I can't handle!
Though, I feel in my gut, I will be fine.

I have a few things this time I need to bring up with my oncologist.
It seems every month there is a new panic or cause for concern.
My friend calls it "Canceritis" (when you get a symptom and think your cancer has spread or has come back)
I had a 'bout' of " Canceritis" this month.
For the past month, when I sleep on my one side, a spot on my rib really hurts. It's always the same spot and unfortunately it is on the side where my tumor was. Also, when I lay in that same position and feel the site where my tumor was, I can feel a lump there! Now, I am just hoping that lump is scar tissue, but you never know, so I will take the paranoia to my oncologist and hope that once again, he puts my fears to rest.

Here is a Tshirt I bought online today....
My Oncologist Is My Homeboy Women's Pink T-Shirt

No comments: