Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Phlebitis &Trans Flap Surgery

I had a panic attack last night.
My bloody arm has been hurting so bad since my allergic reaction chemo treatment.
My vein is seriously messed up and last night it flared up something FIERCE!!
The vein is sore to the touch always but on occasion it flares up, hardens, and throbs so badly. Last night was really bad. I brought it up with the chemo nurses but they didn't say much, so I assumed it was normal.
Last night it freaked me out and I googled it. BIG MISTAKE.
I mostly saw results for THROMBOSIS, which is a blood clot in your arm or leg cause by many things (chemo being one) and, as you know, blood clots can be fatal if they travel so I panicked.
After my husband calmed me down, I found a blog where a woman called it Phlebitis. Phlebitis is a common reaction from chemo in the vein, which causes swelling and soreness in the vein. It is said to pass once chemo is over and over time.
I hope so! I will still bring this issue up with my doctor next time I see him, just to make sure it isn't something to worry about....

I called my surgeon today to see if an appointment for my surgery had been made yet.
The receptionist told me that I was booked in for June 23.
This is a few days after my Relay For Life....
I have mixed feelings about having the date set.
In a way, I am excited that it is coming so soon...it means closure to my year from hell, it means prevention from this ever happening to me again....and it means a flat belly and new perky boobs!!
But, it is very scary also.
I try not to analyze it too much or think too much about it.
Ignorance is bliss at this point and I can't control what will happen, so I shouldn't worry or think about it. I may have pain, I may have extreme pain, I may not have much pain....I can't control it so I need to be at peace with it.
I may have complications, I may not...I can't control it, so I shouldn't worry about it.
Eventually I will heal and be normal, and that is what I need to focus on. I know I can do this, I know this is best for me, I just need to be at peace with it so I don't give myself an ulcer thinking about it..
Ohhhh Adivan, I hope you work for me in June!!

It makes no sense to worry about things you have no control over because there's nothing you can do about them, so why worry....and why worry about things you can control? If you can control them, then why worry? The activity of worrying keeps you immobilized.
Wayne Dyer




No comments: