Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The BEST gift EVER!


I received a gift last night that made me cry instantly.
My husband's friend and his fiance have been traveling down south since December. I must admit I was extremely jealous of them, as it was something I wanted to do all of my life, but in December I was worrying about my cancer diagnosis. I don't know these friends very well, I have met them a few times and really enjoyed their company, but it has always been short visits.
I have followed their Facebook posts of their travels and dreamt of what they must be feeling and experiencing...all with envy. And then, last night I got an email that made me cry.
It was from these two travelers...
In it were some kinds words to me about my treatment and such, then a few inspirational quotes for me that they gathered...and at the bottom a beautiful picture of Machu Picchu (a place I have always wanted to go, that has been an inspiration to me during my battle) and if that wasn't enough, when I looked closely at the picture, I saw yellow flowers that spelled my name.
They seriously thought of me so much to spell my name in flowers at the top of the mountain and take a picture for me.
This is one of the most special things anyone has ever done for me.
Unspeakable.
It always amazes me the people who come forward to show you they care.
It is things like this that get me motivated and give me the push to continue fighting.
Thank you
Thank you
I will never forget this.

to understand why Machu Picchu is sacred and one of the 7 Wonders of the World...read up on it here:
http://www.rediscovermachupicchu.com/



No comments: