Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

FUN THINGS!!






Lots of fun things going on in my world right now.
I am surrounded by fun!
The way everyone should be at all times!!
On Sunday the "fair" came to Nelson and the kids were so excited.
This is one of the main things I love about being in a small town. The crazy excitement brought about by the smallest things. When we lived in Calgary a small fair would be snubbed by the kids and the Stampede (LARGEST FAIR ON EARTH) wouldn't have even brought full joy, though it would be extremely stressful, chaotic and RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE!!!
Now that we are in a small town, a little market or carnival or play comes to town and it's so exciting!! Plus, it's easy and stress free to go to and fairly inexpensive....it's the BEST!!
We arrived at the fair site and there were a decent number of rides (10-12) and about 5 games to play for prizes...cotton candy, hotdogs, snowcones and nachos and cheese...just the essentials.
Nice and Simple!
The kids went on all the rides they wanted to, had a pop (which is a treat in our home as I do not agree with regular soda) and got a bag of cotton candy to take home at the end....it was all completed, with out rushing, in about 2 hours.
PERFECT!
There are many more events planned in the next month including camping, and this weekend coming, a trip to Fernie with friends and family!!
14 friends (and their kids), including my sister and brother in law and niece are all meeting in this small ski town, halfway between Calgary and Nelson. My friend Shannon rented a big, fancy log cabin chalet and we are going to have good food (fondue), drinks, play games, hot tub and relax. I am only bringing my daughter as my husband has to work and my son wouldn't be very interested....
It is Mother's Day weekend and I planned that Lily and I go horseback riding on the Saturday.
I have been wanting to go for a while and it is on my "list of things to do"...so I figured, let's do it together!! I am quite excited. I spent the day yesterday grocery shopping for yummy stuff to take with us....I am starting quite an expensive habit. I still like my treats, but I am very concerned about the "healthiness" of foods, so now I buy SPRITIZERS instead of pop and ORGANIC RICE CHIPS instead of Old Dutch....it isn't cheap.
It is going to be fun this weekend, I am excited to see my friends and my niece...I will be sure to post pictures next week!!
Happy Mother's Day Y'all!!

No comments: