Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another one off the LIST!


My list of things to do...
my "bucket list"...not meant to be morbid, just things I really have wanted to do that I have always put off....these are things I need to start ticking off the list!!
Horseback riding is this weekend...and tonight I started working on another!
I went to my first swim lesson tonight.
I have never really learned to swim. I mean, I can make my way from here to there, but really swim? NOPE, not so much.
Well, now that we go to places like Mexico regularly, and live in a lake town...it is time to learn.
I also figured it was a good way to get into shape before my surgery and water to me has always been therapeutic.
My goal is to get good enough I can swim laps in the pool as a form of exercise...
I love water.
I was really nervous before this lesson.
I have no hair or eyebrows and I live in a small town. I was really insecure about being exposed....
I bought a swim cap and though it is super dorky, people might not notice I am bald.
EXCEPT!
When I got out of the pool and went to the change room, I looked in the mirror...YIKES! all of my brow and eyeliner was gone and I looked like an alien! Like CONEHEADS without the point!
It's hard. I have to worry about shit like this, but it will get easier....I try to just focus on enjoying my lesson and I know it will be worth it.
I am going to learn to swim!!!!

No comments: