Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Me be Bloggin'

Man, I have been trying to post a "my favorite things" part two on here, but since I changed my layout, I am having troubles with pictures and format and stuff...so it'll have to wait.

Day 4 post chemo (chemo #5)
Must say, best chemo so far....it seems to be getting easier (physically)....Mentally? Not so much. It's exhausting and saddening that I am getting used to all the side effects....no hair, weight gain, heartburn, sore muscles, sore throat, chemo cough, chemo brain, daily belly needles....on and on....
BUT!
It is seeming to be more tolerable, for some strange reason.
The hospital is definitely the key to success. My weird anxiety was even more tolerable...my husband hooked up my TV in my hospital room for me this round and it seemed to distract me from being drugged up in a weird place. Nice...I love my husband!
I was fairly lazy the day after chemo, but no nausea really....then yesterday I was struggling with wanting to do things, be productive, but when I got up and went at 'er' I would find myself (after minutes) thinking, "I'm tired, why am I doing this?" and then I'd go sit back down on the couch.
BUT!
I did the dishes, prepped supper, swept and didn't feel like to big of a waste of skin, come the end of the day, so that's good.
Today, my daughter and I went into town for a HUGE spread of breakfast, waffles, cinnamon buns, hashbrowns, eggs, ham, oj, coffee....all the yummy things I should be avoiding, but we chowed! And we giggled....and then we hit the town of Nelson and went garage sailing!! It was fun. My daughter found lots of marbles for her collection and I scored a coffee table for my patio and some beads for making jewelry.
On our way from one garage sale to another, I turned a corner and saw a cop pulling us over....it was too late to fasten my seat belt. CRAP!
I just pulled out! This wasn't fair!!
I wanted to play the cancer card so bad, but couldn't think of a realistic way to do it, without it being obvious. I almost just pulled my wig off when he went to check my insurance and registration....haha, wouldn't that be funny....my mom (a breast cancer survivor herself) said to me later when we spoke of it on the phone "you should have said, you couldn't wear the seatbelt because it hurts your breast!" ....man my mom's good....lol.
After garage sailing we walked the dogs and returned home for some relaxation...it was a good day.
BUT!
I have had my second Filgrastim (Neupogen) shot today and it's very achy!! Plus I have a sore spot in my throat...which I am hoping is just a mouth sore and not the start (or flare up) of my old cold back again....you know, the old January cold I have been hanging on to??
Tomorrow is the town fair, and I am looking forward to taking the kids....maybe I can sneak some cotton candy (I often feel like if I eat something fast enough it won't hurt my body or tuen into fat...)
May is going to be crazy!! Lot's of stuff going on....I'll be posting lots!
Til then,
peace.

No comments: