Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Restless Leg Syndrome and Massage

I have been fortunate enough to have been included in a detailed massage class, where the practicum began the day I got home form my surgery. I have had, everyday, students with varying degrees of healing experience, some Reiki, some Cranio Sacral Therapy, and some Accupressure. They have decided to take this course (instructed by my massage therapist) to add to their healing skills.
Though, the phone calls and people in and out has been a bit exhausting, the treatments have been worth it!
I had a treatment yesterday afternoon that made me turn a corner.
Hours after the treatment, I had feeling in my arms and chest like I haven't had before...
Sensation! The ability to move around like I have never had! Most of my pain subsided and by bedtime, I was moving like crazy!!
Almost, too much in fact!
I couldn't sleep last night, because I couldn't keep still! I was so tired, but my legs wanted to stretch, and my arms wanted to bend and feel all of the cold spots on the bed. It was like I was bound in a cocoon for years and was let out suddenly!
It was very annoying though, when I did want to sleep. Finally, I fell asleep at 2:00am but still tossed and turned until 8:00 this morning, where I still felt the symptoms.
I was even lying on my side last night!! I was doing things I couldn't dream of doing before that treatment and I think my body was just so excited, it wanted to move!!
Because I still have some limited mobility (lying on stomach) it is a bit annoying to have made this huge jump in healing, only because my body doesn't to hold back at all. I feel like a Robot with faulty wires!
Today I am going into town to chat with a doctor about this and see if there is something I can take for it, if it comes back...I will continue to feel grateful for the massages and fast healing and try to keep improving my mobility!
Ta-ta for now.

No comments: