Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Friday, July 16, 2010

Feeling Good!

My posts might be a little boring for the next little while, as my life is just that right now.
However, I will continue to journal as it is good for me and I know if anyone is going thru a Tram surgery, then reading how someone else is recovering and feeling always helps.
I am feeling quite good today, both mentally and physically.
My mom left today to go back to Calgary and took my son with her. Now I am left on my own with my daughter. My husband is obviously here, but working during the days, so it will be a bit of a test to see how I do on my own. The only thing that bothers me is the inability to clean house properly due to my lack of mobility....but thankfully I have a great friend who is a house cleaner and I will gladly pay her to help me out.
I sit here on my couch, everything is quiet for the first time in weeks and it is kind of nice to be alone with my thoughts. I will miss my mom, she did such a good job of taking care of me, but I am ready to get a bit busier, it is in my nature to want to take care of things and keep busy.
I am looking forward to tonight as I am going to a friends house for a bbq and can't wait to sit outside and have a drink with friends.
I woke up the other day with some new bruising on my right breast. It was shocking to me because I haven't had much bruising yet. I became a little worried and was trying to get a hold of someone last night, just to be sure it wasn't anything to be concerned about. Unfortunately I couldn't get a hold of anyone until today. It seems that it is normal. There can be deep lying bruises under the surface that don't make their way up to be seen until quite some time after surgery. This was a relief as I knew I didn't bang it on anything and I was hoping it wasn't some kind of complication.
I am feeling skinnier these days which is a nice change. Even with my swollen arms, I feel like I look thinner, my belly is so flat, it hasn't looked like that in years! My breasts are looking great too, they are just the right size, very similar to before, yet they stand up nicely on their own! The only thing that is weird is the incision around the nipple. The main incision line is where the areola used to be. It is circular around the nipple and it still looks a bit "Frankenstein" to me. I know it will fade nicely as I have seen photos. In fact, the massage team is coming over today to show me how to manage my scars and incisions. I will be using ice and vitamin E oil to massage and prevent noticable scarring.
I have been reading Tram Flap discussion boards and it is always fun to hear that most women need to go out and buy new pants after they heal, because the old ones are too big! This is great for me because, I have a closet FULL of clothes I have been waiting to fit into again...so....kepp your fingers crossed!

No comments: