Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Thursday, July 8, 2010

I have been home in Nelson now for 2 days. It has been 7 days since surgery.
Overall, I can't complain too much.
Yesterday we drove home from Kelowna (4.5hrs) and thought the car ride didn't feel uncomfortable, I think I paid for it last night. At about 10pm, I was in agony, swollen tight chest and swollen tight, sore arms. My husband got out the coconut oil and gave me a massage on those areas. Our highly educated massage therapist friend instructed (over the phone) to my husband to rub my arms upward toward the heart, basically trying to push the fluid build up to the heart so it can be pumped out through the kidneys. She also recommended to keep my arms elevated, and she was right, instant relief then and all day today with that tip.
I had 2 more drains pulled today in my bed in 33 degree weather!
I lay there sweating my butt off and though the first drain was completely painless, the second was excruciating! I screamed so loud I think my neighbors must have heard, and then instant tears...
Apparently scar tissue had formed over the drain hole and she basically had to rip it open with the tugging....YIKES! I hope tomorrow's drains (the last 2) won't be painful. They are on my upper thigh and go into my abdomen, it seems like a less painful place. I am scared, but feel like it will be ok, just looking forward to getting them out and all of this over with.
Just sitting here waiting for my massage therapist to show up to rub my arms and chest, which will feel really nice.
I will blog again soon...she's here!!
ciao.

No comments: