Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Another Day.

Just woke up (11:30pm) from a two and a half hour Gravol nap!
I hope I can get back to sleep!
I woke up feeling quite good after a long sleep last night.
I decided I wanted to attempt a short visit to our street market.
Nelson has the best little markets with crafts and music and homegrown or home baked foods.
It was sunny out and my mom loaded my daughter and I into her convertible and we set in for town. It was nice to get some vitamin D!
I fared pretty well at the market, slowly strolling around looking at booths. It was nice to have a reason to dress up a bit (anything more than a sports bra and shorts).
I bought some fresh homemade raspberry juice, some rainbow radishes and my mom bought a bag of Kettle Corn and some molasses cookies.
When we got home later, I felt pretty good, but I was a little sore in the back and a bit swollen again. The massage ladies showed up, on time at 4:00pm and gave me ANOTHER great massage.
When they left at 5:00, I got up and went to the kitchen to prepare dinner, as I was doing this I ate a molasses cookie and nibbled on tomato, cucumber and some cheese.
We all dished up and began eating, when I suddenly didn't feel good.
I ran to my room and proceeded to throw up and have diarrhea.
It was the oddest thing, it lasted about an hour and then my husband gave me 2 Gravol and it went away.
I felt fine until 9:00, when I got really tired and went to bed, now I am up and having a snack.
I am not sure what brought this sickness on, but it was like a mini flu!
I am glad it was short lasted as retching after a stomach surgery is NOT pleasant. I was quite worried it was going to have been food poisoning, but I am sure if it were, it would have lasted a lot longer than an hour. Maybe it was the massage?? Or the molasses cookie didn't sit well??
Who knows, I will try to get back to sleep now.
Tomorrow is a new day!

No comments: