Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Relay For Life Cont....

I thought it was about time I posted some pictures of the Relay For Life that myself and my supporters took part in earlier this summer.
It was a real success and I was very happy with all of the people who donated and showed up to walk with us. It was a 12 hr. day filled with lots of activities, contests, cancer ceremonies, and a twilight luminary dedication to survivors and those who lost their battle. It was a very emotional day for me and I am sure for many others, but it felt good to contribute to research and a cure for cancer.



The Relay took place in our local Lakeside Park...what a beautiful place to spend the day, and it was so sunny out all day.


We decorated our tent in a "boxer" theme!


Again, our view for the day, the beach at Lakeside Park.


My supportive sister in law with her Relay shirt on.


My son wearing the shirts that my Father in law made up for us.


Part of the opening ceremony, bag pipers...it was beautiful.


The Survivors lap. We all walked a lap and then the local Dragon Boat team raised their paddles and we walked under their arch while bag pipes played. This part was very emotional and I had to fight hard to keep back the tears as I walked under this arch.


A different view.


Jazzercise!


A few friends enjoying snacks.

My daughter at our tent.


No comments: