Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Thursday, December 24, 2009

HoHoHo...YAY!!!

I love Christmas!! It is Xmas eve and I am over the moon!! My family's tradition is very European and we open the majority of our gifts on Xmas eve while snacking on an array of appy-type foods (instead of a dinner, that's for Xmas day) and wine and hot cider! I don't know, but it is an easy recipe for happiness! I can't wait to see the faces of my children as they open their gifts!
On the cancer-front, I got a call from my family doctor the other day (yesterday I think) and he said though he can't read pathology reports too well (my surgeon is on holiday til the 5th) he wanted to give me a few tidbits of info...
Looks like my lymph nodes are CLEAR of cancer!!!! YAYAYAYAYA! This he knows for sure! The info below (the bad news) he is translating in his own way and may not be gospel.
Looks like my cancer may be a genetic thing (if I have the gene my chances of recurrance at my age is very high)
My second lump was cancer and there didn't seem to be any margins (which means there is probably cancer still in my breast)
All of the "bad news" above is leaning toward me getting a double mastectomy (with reconstruction obviously)
From what I have read, getting a double mastectomy, if I have the gene, would turn my risk of recurrance from 65-85% down to only 5%, which I am more than happy with at this point.
I won't get into details on this any more until I talk to my surgeon to find out if this info is even correct, as my doc even said "don't mark my words"...so Jan5th will be the next cancer update.
But I will fill you in on my festivities from now until then.
Love Love Love
Dreamer.

http://z.about.com/d/pregnancy/1/0/g/b/3/babysanta.jpg


No comments: