Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Spirit is REAL!

Was having a bad slump of a few days, but today was a GREAT day!
My body seems to be healing well, and today I moved around very well without much pain at all.
I went for a walk with my family and dogs, treated my soul to a mocha (it's a big deal cause with the cancer I am supposed to stop sugar and caffine as much as I can)...
Then we went to town and took the van to the shop to get fixed up for another trip to Alberta (to see family on boxing day)
Then to the mall, and took my husband to the clinic (he has strep :(boo)
Then 2 grocery store stops, one of which was my workplace and I made it about 2 steps in when I was surrounded by co-workers who just threw love at me and worry and care and I loved it. Sometimes I don't, but I think I was needing some love and attention for good energy build up you know? My husband bought me a cute wooden penguin with a santa hat...so cute, named him Walter.
All of this without feeling too bad (a few dizzy spells, nothing major) I actually felt almost normal again.
Then we went on to Nana and Grandad's to have tea and a visit (which is always nice and cozy) when we get a call from my work. My supervisor is asking my father in law if we are going to be at our home tonight, he says yes (without telling them I was there)
When we get home, I am expecting a visit so I tidy up a bit, I already have my makeup on, cause I was out (this is a big deal because I have looked like shit 90% of the last month)
Next thing I know the dogs start barking, Hubby and I run to the patio door, look out and don't see any car lights, but then, I see a herd of people in my driveway!! It's a bunch of people from work and they start singing Xmas carols!!
I couldn't believe it! I open the door, and start laughing and smiling and they sing and sing, and there was people there I didn't even know gave a shit about me...it was crazy!
I invited them all in and (now I think back I didn't even offer them a drink! shit!) they handed me a gift, and we chatted and it was a bit akward having all of that attention on me, but it was amazing and the nicest thing ever done for me. Especially when I opened the gift. I huge wad of bills and a huge stack of gift cards for my grocery store I work at. I won't say how much, but it was ridiculous. This money will save us sooooo many worries the next few months and that is priceless to me. I feel almost guilty though, because I have cursed my job so many times...but they all need to know, it has never been them I have cursed. They are the reason I have stayed so far. They have been my family. This is REAL Christmas spirit.
And though I don't feel worthy, I need the money right now, so instead, I am going to pay it forward someday soon....as soon as I can and as soon as I see when the time is right. And it isn't all about the money anyways...the love is there and the words and actions it blows me away.
I am blessed today.
Thank you.
ahhhh....
Thank you for a good
day.

No comments: