Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Sunday, November 1, 2009

lump sat alone in a boggy marsh, totally motionless except for her heart....

Hello.
Well just waiting til Tuesday to find out the results of my "lump" ultrasound. I freaked out for a day when I spoke to the clinic about my results....the fact that they wouldn't tell me over the phone (I know, I know they just don't) and that they told me they needed me for a 3o min appointment made me panic. I mean, if it's nothing, couldn't they just tell me that or let me pop in for a 5 min appointment to be granted the good news? So I panicked. HARD.
Everyone kept telling me it didn't mean anything and "not to worry" which really PISSES me off. I mean, what a cop out! "Oh! OK, I won't worry, right, thanks for the great advice, why didn't I think of that....not worrying, good idea." It's just a cop-out easy thing to say when they can't think of anything else to say. But I know it is meant with good intentions, fair enough.
Anywho, I then got online and looked up images of ultrasound results both cancerous and non-cancerous, and much to my surprise I felt my first sense of relief in 2 weeks! It "looks" like my cyst is a "simple" cyst which means it is a solid circle with a sharp outline and is almost always cancer-free. Now, I don't know this for sure but I got a good look at my ultrasound and when I compared what I saw to the pics on the internet, it looked good. So I am gonna go with that until Tuesday at 1:30 when I get my results. :)

No comments: