Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Monday, October 19, 2009

Peace, Love and Mexico

Yesterday was another day at work to fill most of my hours but then we all hopped in the car and drove a half hour to the movie theater. I love that it takes us a journey to go to a film. These are the things I love in life. This is why I know I will love small town Mexico. It seems like more of a treat when it isn't at your finger tips.
We watched "Where The Wild Things Are" and I thought it was fantastic! It really hit home with me, in fact, I was crying within the first 10 minutes!! I spoke to me so loud and clear about life, my life, and childrens lives. There is a scene in the beginning where this little boy just dying for companionship and a playmate (as most kids do on a daily basis) is trying to get the attention of his Mom ,who is too busy and stressed about bills and work (as most of us are). She is pretty much ignoring him, and he just lays there under her desk, playing with her stocking, looking at her. It killed me! I live that everyday! The boy is just so desperate for her attention, and she wants to give him all her attention but can't stop stressing and then she feels guilty and so on...

It is my life. It was my life as a child (being the boy) and it is my life now, (being the mom). I sobbed so hard, I thought I would have to leave my seat. I guess my guilt is bigger and badder than I thought. But IS there a magical place where things are different? Where the stresses are less and children and parents meet on a middle ground with out, guilt, resentment and a forced smile? I believe there is and it is part of my motivation. Don't get me wrong, I know you can make small sacrifices and changes TODAY to help the relationship between mother and child...but, for it to be more natural, you need to simplify your life and be in a place that makes you smile from the moment you open your eyes, and wraps around and warms you like a fuzzy blanket.

When I got home from the movie, I had a reply to an ad I had posted for Spanish lessons. Looks like I found us a personal Spanish tutor to come into our home and help us learn. He sounds great and has had lots of experience travelling through Meixco and Latin America plus he has studied Spanish his whole life, so I am excited to get started.

Lets see what today brings me all bundled up with a bow. It is day one of two days off and I am going to milk it, as I always do, so I may write more today, as an outlet.

Peace Love and Mexico.

No comments: