Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Monday, October 12, 2009

Blog-o-rama

Well! I feel like I have been staring at lasers for the last 5 hours, but no, I haven't, I have been reading blogs! I started my day (going on 4th day off of work) with a cup of coffee, and my favorite hobby, dreaming of MEXICO! I love searching on the internet for real estate in Mexico and any info on moving and relocating to Sunny Paradise (MEXICO). You see, my husband and I have been there only 3 times in the last 2 years, but we both feel a connection to the people and culture (and of course a major connection to the margaritas) and we have made our goal to move there. We're not sure exactly when, it changes between 13 years (when my daughter turns 18) OR 5 years, or even 3 years (when our mortgage is up and we can sell). Regardless, the hunt is on, for the right place and the knowledge of what we need and have to do in order get our dream to happen.

I have searched the internet numerous times for info on relocating, immigration, real estate, jobs and such and have not had much luck.........until today! I somehow started on a documentary site for "Lost and Found in Mexico" a documentary I need to see!! and then from there, I went to a website for

casita de las flores blogs: san miguel de allende

which was soooo sweet! It reminded me of "Under the Tuscan Sun" but better, cause it's Mexico! So that was inspiration #2!
Next, I found my way to www.mayanliving.com where there was a lot of great places for great prices! I found the site easy to get around on and was thankful for that. So, I emailed one of the realtors in hopes of having a contact to help me in the future and possibly answer some questions I had. Teresa, was AWESOME! She emailed back right away and answered some questions and forwarded her blog which I find "DREAMY" beach bum in the yucatan is the name of her blog.
I wonder if I love it so much because she is living where I want to move to and I am vicariously living through her?, But I can visualize everything she writes about!! I read every post she had, smiling the whole time!! Then I moved on to inspiration #4 (Teresa was #3) Canuck in Cancun!
What a blasty-blast. She is so funny and easy to relate to. I don't like it quite as much because I am not a major fan of Cancun and don't like imagining it as much. However, it is fun reading about her outings and experiences of all of the places I have been to, and love....such as Akumel Beach, Azul Cenotes and so on.....
Now I'm here. I am going to do my own blog. My journey to achieving my dream. My path from here to there. Let's see how long it takes, and all I get to go through along the way. Maybe my blog will help others with their journey. Because I tell, ya, those blogs were not just entertainment, but they gave me more honest, genuine, info on the transition into life in Mexico than any shitty website I have stumbled upon. So I am jumping on the bandwagon...."here I go!!!!"

Ciao for now.
PS. get used to to the poor spelling, sentence structure and grammer....I don't have time to spell check if I am going to do this everyday, so if it bothers you. Don't read it. ;)

No comments: