Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Back to the Grind!!

After having 5 delicious days off (I haven't slept like that since I was 15 years old!) I am officially heading back to work today. I am not really sure how i feel about it. Though I love the challenge of my job and all of the people I work with, I just can't stop dreaming of Mexico. I love to spend a whole day reading about the lifestyle and looking at the real estate online. Truly, I can spend an entire day doing this, with a continuous cup of joe and be perfectly content.
13 hours later....
On my way to work, I looked around at this beautiful place I live in, the mountains, lush forests, moss and vegetation oozing out of every cobblestone cranny that forms this historic mining town I have called home (for only two years) Only 2 years! Is there something wrong with me? Why am I so ancy all of the time? Elders have always frowned upon my natural ways like I have some sort of problem. I have thought at different times I may have adult ADD, maybe I am running from something? (can't think of anything) Or maybe I don't like who I am and I am looking for a distraction. That's my favorite one. People always say if someone can't settle down it's because they don't want the chance to look at their lives and look in the mirror because they know they wont like what they will see. Hmmmm, don't think so, but you never know.
Basically I have always looked at life as an hour glass and I just want to EXPERIENCE! And the famous saying is, if it feels good, do it! Well, Mexico feels REAL good! And I want my life to be "extra"ordinary. I don't want to have years of boredom or lull, I want diversity for my kids too! I want my life to be something that can be written about in the end, and have people enthralled with it!
Sidetracked: So as I was admiring my current surroundings on my way to work, I thought to myself, "Self, it is so important to be grateful for the present and live for the moment, and though you have this dream, which WILL happen (with my track record, sooner rather than later) though you have this dream, you need to love where you are at right now, this moment or all of your adventures will be nothing but a second of thrill and then the longing for wanting more"
MAN! This was an Ah ha moment for me and the best advice I have ever given myself. There is nothing wrong with a goal, but what fun is it to acheive if the entire road there, I am miserable? And true, I am blessed in the present, I have nothing to be miserable right now, and though lying on the beach is in my blood, I will get there faster and happier and less exhausted if I am positive and enjoy every step along the way.
Thank you Life!
Giddy Up!

No comments: