Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Monday, January 2, 2012

more friends gone to cancer (the cancer drop-off)

Blech.
The very thought of it creates a gigantic storm cloud around me and snuffs out all of my oxygen and masks all of my smiles.
Cancer has taken another life of a dear dear friend of mine.
A mentor.
It was her 2 year-post-first-time-cancer-recurrence that got her.
Stage four it was when they found it had come back.
She was terminal when I met her.
Though,
I don't like calling her terminal.
It's not fitting as she held more life in her last years than anyone else I have ever met.
Her rollercoaster was a long, glorious ride up peaking many times, each time, higher and brighter until finally she couldn't get any higher and she had a short sweet drop off.
I am glad she didn't suffer much
I am glad it was quick.
I will miss her more than she would have known.
She was my friend,
She was one person who knew exactly how I was feeling and what I have been going thru.
She was my go-to for motivation and reassurance
I do feel a bit lost without her.
I'm sure Ill find her one day
That fucked up game of Russian roulette that cancer survivors play everyday...
Is it back? what's this, what's that? Is it back, is it mets? Am I done? How long will I live? Will I live? Is it back....
who knows when, but I will find her one day.
Her and all of my friends.
At the cancer drop-off
in heaven.

No comments: