Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

losing loves.

What is the old saying again?
"Is is better to have love and lost, than to never have loved at all?"
Something like that.

Well, it is happening.
I knew when I joined the cancer club and decided to open up and meet friends, that I would be signing up for some heart ache in the future.
Some of my friends are losing their battles, and it hurts.

We lost a friend from the recent YACC retreat just a week or so ago.
She was a beautiful, smiley soul...such a sad loss.

I have 2 other friends who are stage 4, who are losing their battles as we speak.
Struggling to keep living as cancer tries to smother out their fire.
It pains me.

I know there will be more.
It's what you sign up for.
But any pain I have, by losing these friends, by seeing cancer win....
is by far outweighed by all of the joy they have brought me by knowing them.
I will make the trade any day.

Dear Friends,
I love you, I am proud of you and your fight.
You have done nothing wrong, so hold your head up high.
And honor your life and the beautiful spirit you will gift to heaven and the memories you leave behind.

<3

No comments: