Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Thursday, March 24, 2011

done.

So I am done treatment.
I quit Herceptin on round 13 of 17...
I started having funky heart palpatations a while back...they got worse and worse.
My doc was screening me and i was getting my usual heart ultrasounds and nothing showed any problems...but with the relationship history between herceptin and heart failure, I was unnerved.
Something just told me it was time to quit.
Maybe it was the day I almost fainted in my kitchen a few weeks back, because my heart stopped beating (or so it felt like anyway).
Either way, I went in for my last treatment and when Doc came to check me out before pumping the drugs into my IV, I told him, I was thinking maybe I should quit.
My heart was getting funkier by the day and it was freaking me out.
We agreed because I am not really (technically) HER2 positive (I am borderline) and because I had done so may treatments, it wouldn't be unheard of to quit a bit early.
Doc wanted to send me home and have me run a bunch more tests before making my decision. He probably hoped that I would test fine and continue thru the rest of my sessions...but I decided to cut the ties.
It felt right.
I'm done.
I'm done with tests and needles and toxic drug treatments and missing out on life to get treatments...
done!
That is until this summer when I have to get my hysterectomy...and go on HRT (hormone replacement therapy)
it never does end does it!!
:)
It's ok, I am on my way....still taking it one day at a time.

No comments: