Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What ISN'T New?

A brief outline of what is new since we last blogged...
  1. I had an amazing summer
  2. I decided I was going to go back to my true love of hairstyling. I am currently working part time in a salon as a chair renter (and loving it!)
  3. I had a different job offer related to the industry
  4. I applied for a grant to attend the Young Woman's Breast Cancer Conference in Toronto....and I was accepted for FULL FUNDING!
  5. I attended our first of the season breast cancer support group
  6. I was asked to possibly take over leading the support group in the new year.
  7. I was asked to speak on the radio this coming Friday to kick off Breast Cancer Awareness Month and a local fundraiser for it (I accepted!)
  8. I read Eat Pray Love and connected with it ( I will learn to meditate, it's on my to-do list!)
  9. I met with a councillor to talk about my journey and I will continue to see her every 2 weeks.
  10. I found out my my mothers genetic test results for the BRCA1 gene were positive so it looks like I most likely have the gene as well...(I will find out within 2 months)
So as you read, I have had some major happenings this past 2 months...I will have to go deeper into a few of these things in future posts...and plan to. All in all though, life is pretty good right now and I feel like I have found a good balance.
Harmony.

No comments: