Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Just Life.

Yes, I have been MIA for a while.
But MIA means good things with cancer.
If you are not hovering over a computer, you are generally well enough that you are out enjoying life and feeling good!
This is true with me, though I have had a bugger cold that may start becoming an issue soon as it doesn't seem to be getting better!!
In the last while I have had some great visits with friends...my husband and I cooked a BIG steak and crab feast for a group of them last night to thank them for all of their help and commitment to us during this cancer thing, they have been great helping us with all sorts of favors... and we just sat around the table laughing and talking and drinking wine.....fabulous.
I bought my husband a truck as a surprise gift! I found a great deal and snatched it up and borrowed a giant red bow from the dealership to wrap it in. Then my son and I waited on the lawn for him to come home and took pictures of his reaction....he was thrilled. And he deserves it, he has just given, given, given to us and never expected anything back. He deserves something for him. It felt great giving it to him. And the best part is it didn't come oout of our combined bank account. It came from an insurance settlement I got (critical illness insurance) for getting cancer. So it really was like I bought him a truck. So fun!
We drove the truck through the mountains on a geocaching expedition last weekend and went to pick up Sadie, a dog I adopted for my mom. We stopped in a bunch of small towns to geocache and have lunch and look around. There are so many beautiful, quaint towns nestled in the mountains and forest here....so many great places to raise kids or retire. I am so glad I live in one of them.
Finally today my husband is back at work, my kids are in school and I can relax. I need to rest and rid myself of this cold I have. It's brutal! I have a cough, sore throat and stuffy nose. I know my counts are low and so I am having a hard time kicking it. I need to be careful it doesn't get worse, I don't want to end up in the hospital.
I am now going to curl up on the couch, watch a movie and nap....
mmm....it's a good day!


Surprise!!



View from a geocache site!





Cool little dome motels, one of the many things we saw on our geocaching trip near Nelson.









No comments: