Dream Creator

Dream Creator
My photo
Just a small town Canadian dreamer... This started as the diary of a young woman's experience with breast cancer and continues 5 years later as the diary of a woman, like many other, who has decided to take her lemons and make lemonade. **If reading this blog for the purpose of learning about my breast cancer experience, PLEASE START AT THE OLDEST POST (October 2009) AND WORK YOUR WAY FORWARD**

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Sunday...mmm, I would like a sundae.

Well I had a rather obnoxious day of people's unwanted opinions!! No let me start over...I had a hard time swallowing some people's advice that they meant to be helpful but only made me feel scared and anxious.
I am supposed to practice being positive ;)
I made the mistake of posting on Facebook, how I struggle with the holistic vs conventional western medicine worlds. I wish they could just get along. I feel like the guy in the movie with the devil and the angel fighting for me to do what each wants! (Except I can't tell who is devil and who is angel) Anyways I post this concern and everyone starts replying....which was mostly good. But I wasn't asking for advice, in fact I was saying how stressful the one sided opinions are, and I still had people telling me their horror stories about chemo. Holy! I am really getting sick of this...
"My mom died of cancer and I think it was from her chemo" or "My dad got so sick from chemo that it gave him heart problems and he dies 3 years later"
I guess everyone is just trying to help but it is terrifying!! It DOES NOT, i repeat, DOES NOT HELP!!.
But I am at peace with my decision. I prayed and meditated for a sign and I feel in my soul I am to do all treatments. I also, other than my gut feeling, had 2 big signs from very influencial people in my life pointing in this direction to reassure my decision. So I am good. When I get some negative news, I will delete it. Chemo very well may have killed someones mom or dad, but it is right for me and I am young and healthy and strong and ready for it. Bring it on bitches!!
MEXICO
Some of you may be wondering "What about Mexico?" well, I was talking about moving to Mexico all of the time before I found my lump. This was a coping mechanism. It's not that I don't want to move to Mexico one day, but I am in no rush....I was really unhappy with my life foe a while there...and Mexico dreams made me happy. I will move there one day, but it isn't urgent. I will go with the flow, enjoying every moment I have here and there, vacations there, summers here and so on until the door opens. I am happy here and grateful, and have seen my support system in bright lights and that is priceless. In a perfect world I would live here doing a less stressful job, and then live in Mexico all winter and then back to Nelson. YES! Perfection. But I won't complain. For me right now? Perfection is living. Is every moment I have with my beautiful husband (god how I love him) and my amazing kids. Perfection is every moment in the moment.
Grateful.
Dreamer.

No comments: